compassion, collaboration & cooperation iN transistion
Permaculture - a future of possibility.
Lama Foundation, located in the Mountains of New Mexico is host to Grow Here Now and Build Here Now. Annual workshops which bring together teachers as well as students of sustainability. Join us as we examine "what is permaculture" as we attend the Grow Here Now - Convergence at Lama.
Permaculture is a word originally coined by Bill Mollison and David Holmgren in the mid 1970's to describe an "integrated, evolving system of perennial or self-perpetuating plant and animal species useful to man" 'Consciously designed landscapes which mimic the patterns and relationships found in nature, while yielding an abundance of food, fibre and energy for provision of local needs. People, their buildings and the ways in which they organize themselves are central to permaculture. Thus the permaculture vision of permanent or sustainable agriculture has evolved to one of permanent or sustainable culture.
What is Permaculture? by Jude Hobbs
1. An ecological science - the study of nature and natural systems
2. A design system for self-reliant living
3. Everything is connected to everything else
4. Integration of water, people, animals, land, plants, technologies, and community productive and beautiful environments.
5. Build harmony, through cooperation with an attitude of Positivism
6. Global grass roots movement applicable on all scales and in all situations.
Add a Comment